- As a Mom, I hear this all day long.
- Can we have a snack yet? - I'm hungry, Mom. - I want a not healthy snack. - [Voiceover] You want a not healthy snack? - Yeah. - I'm gonna have attack.
- [Voiceover] Another one? - Mom, can we have a snack? I'm so hungry. (upbeat music) - Hey everyone, I'm MeLea and welcome to another episode of the MeLea show.
Today, I have Shannon from Clean Eats, Clean Treats. If you don't follow her on Instagram, you are missing out, so make sure you do that right now. But Shannon is the authority on eating clean and coming up with really easy ways to incorporate that with your kids.
So, I thought, who else better to have on the show than Shannon and show us exactly what she does and compare the differences between the really healthy food and what you can spend or the drive-thru fast food and you think you're saving dollar menu.
(upbeat music) Okay so, if you guys can't tell, we have a bunch of healthy food or items you can buy at a grocery store and then we have fast food. So, tell me what you're doing here and why we did it.
- So, I get a lot of questions on the comparison, ya know, fast food versus healthy food. And sometimes, we are stuck going through the drive-thru and there are healthier options there as well. - [MeLea] Right. - But I did wanna show your viewers, my viewers,
that you have an option for the same amount of money to buy twice or even more as much food. - Right, okay, so let's look at the receipts then. So, all this food you got at Wal-Mart and your total was-- - [Shannon] 24.44.
- [MeLea] Okay, with tax, 24.44. And you bought-- - Two dozen eggs. - [MeLea] How many potatoes? - [Shannon] 10 pounds of potatoes. A bunch of bananas.
Natural breakfast sausage, 15 cups of oatmeal, eight cups of orange juice. - [MeLea] Orange juice. - [Shannon] Chia seeds, raspberries, pineapple, breakfast for at least four days. - Yeah, obviously, yeah that's a ton of food. Okay and then we went to an unnamed source.
You guys could probably guess where it's at. - Fast food restaurant. - A fast food restaurant and we spent 25.37 on all of this. - [Shannon] Four deluxe breakfast sandwiches, orange juice and hash browns
and it was 25.37. - Crazy. But this is your to-go box or what do you call it? - Snacks on the go? - Snacks on the go.
This is what she puts in her car, which I think is amazing. I should totally steal this idea from you because we definitely do not do this, but it's a cool idea. Tell me what you buy or what products you love
and you can just pull em out and I'll hold it. - Dry fruit is always at the top of my list. You wanna make sure there's no added sugars in the ingredients. - Up a little higher, yep. - So, the ingredients on this Trader Joe's pineapple
is pineapple. Beef jerky, I love Krave. It doesn't have necessarily the cleanest ingredients list. There is some sugar added. On the end of the judgement scale, I'd say this is your best option.
- I've heard that stuff is really good. So, I'm gonna have to try it. - 100 calorie nut packs. It's raw almonds and walnuts. - Perfect. - The Rx bars, which are my personal favorite.
- Okay, tell me why they're your favorite. - I love their marketing. - Hold that one. - Three egg whites, four almonds, six cashews, two dates, no BS. Basically, that's all your getting in this bar.
- I remember these. Do you remember these when you were a kid? Like they were almost, they almost look exactly the same. - If I want a candy bar-- - These are good.
- They're really good. - Do you have a dark chocolate one in there? - Yes. - Oh that's the one. - This is the dark chocolate nuts and sea salt. - This is my favorite one.
- So good, yes. - Ingredients? - I mean, typically, you're gonna get sugar in these. They're not like a clean option as far as a protein bar, but-- - Right.
- This is my treat bar. This is my go-to if I need a treat. Fresh fruit, bananas, apples-- - Right. - And then we have caramels. - If you guys can see them, I'll hold them up,
they basically look like rolled cookie dough balls, but they're a little bit harder because they've been-- - Wanna take em out? - Yeah, sure. Because they were placed in the fridge.
Okay and remind us again what you put in that. - So, there's oats, honey, flax, hemp seed, chia seed, peanut butter and then there's a vegan chocolate chip. - Do you use protein powder or you just-- - And a spoon of protein powder.
- Okay, protein powder too. So, these are like high protein, keep your kids full fake cookies. Like cookie dough. - They think they're cookie dough. - They really do.
So, one that I've done before is I've used chocolate protein powder and so, they look like they're just like brownie balls and my kids love them! Again, I will link you guys to this,
No comments:
Post a Comment